Work with Supervisor to achieve objectives in the area of service level. Inventory turnover, and maximum return on investment. Monitors inventory levels and reorders products to maintain a proper balance between inventory, and out-of-stock conditions. Must have experience with General Merchandise, Housewares, Kitchenware, and Small appliances. CPMI Certified. The Chinese language required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reorders and maintains proper inventory levels as established on assigned items, with the proper balance between dollar inventory, turnover, and out-of-stock conditions.
- Plans order forecast
- Ensures timely shipments as per established procedures, coordinating with warehouse receiving.
- Verifies receipt of items ordered and may assist sales members in investigating shortages, mis-ships, and canceled orders.
- Planning and studies product movement histories (demand), lead times, and current movement in order to recommend discontinuance of items.
- Analyze Safety Stock & Forecast and compare with actual sales at the beginning /end of each month.
- Monitor the vendor price increases and calculate the impact on the organization's margin based on previous demand
- Assumes responsibility for total maintenance on all assigned items (out-of-stock), pricing, allowances, forecast, etc.)
- Analyze the quality inspection report provided by the QC team. Also, assist with vendor communication based on the rejection to ensure the delivery dates are committed.
- Monitor daily Purchase Order Report from SAP and communicate with CEO/President on any unusual or suspicious activities from the China or USA office
- Measure vendor KPI's based on late orders and CAR information provided from the China office
- Analyze daily sales order reports and communicate with the team on potential late customer orders.
- Investigate with the warehouse and sales team for order follow up such as no shipped or canceled orders
- Collaborate with the warehouse manager on scheduled shipment, and late deliveries
- Collaborate with the sales team on potential late sales order due to out-of-stocks to advise the customer
- Works with limited supervision while performing multiple tasks with close attention detail
Position: Associate Degree preferred or equivalent work experience. Post-secondary work in purchasing or inventory control would be beneficial. Must be CPIM certified for purchasing positions.
Experience: Three or more years of related import/export purchasing experience in a high-volume environment. Experience in the general merchandise warehouse environment is desirable.
Skills &Abilities: The position requires good communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate with buyers, vendors, sales, and warehouse staff. Must have good numerical skills including 10 key calculators by touch. Must have demonstrated the ability to apply knowledge with reordering techniques and methods.