Nextbase produces award winning Dash Cams. We are looking for a Firmware Project Manager who would like to develop their skills in the Firmware writing and management scenario to complement our team in China. Existing and new products are increasing in their firmware complexity and depth and this new role has been identified in order to keep up with the ever more demand upon the firmware generation process.
A suitable candidate duties include the validation and tuning of production firmware in close cooperation with the engineering departments in China & the development of embedded software prototypes as well as source code review. You will also improve existing specifications, test cases, clarify gaps and push the implementation schedule with local engineers.
On a daily basis, you will review the scheduled tasks from Jira tickets and progress each open item to either a conclusion to deliver the result, or identify any blocking obstacle which then needs to be highlighted to Nextbase Management in order to resolve.
Jira tickets may involve solving an identified problem using a variety of resources within one or multiple organisations to achieve the final result. A diplomatic, but firm approach to achieve the end result is therefore required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Fluently reads & writes Chinese
● Fluently reads & writes English
● Has excellent communication skills and is able to bridge technical & non-technical
● Has strong self organisational skills, self-motivation, ability to work independently and within a team
● Has strong knowledge of C language programming for embedded platforms (ARM,
● Has experience in conducting source code review and deploying formal coding
● Has strong analytical skills to identify bug root causes & identify potential solutions
● Is experienced in performance tuning & debugging on embedded devices
● Has experience using version control systems (Git)
● Is detail oriented and shows commitment to improving working practices and
● Is familiar with the use of continuous integration (CI) techniques for automated
● Has experience in working with factory engineers and production line engineers
● Has good understanding of the software development lifecycle
● Familiarity with the Ambarella platform (A12, H22)
● Experience in tuning Wi-Fi / Bluetooth stack of a Linux system
● Experience in developing embedded devices which have connected companion apps
● Has basic knowledge of web technologies like JSON, HTML
This role will be based at the Nextbase Technical Office, in our factory in Shenzhen, China.
You will work with the Product Manager in China and the UK and communicate directly with the firmware engineers in the factories as well as the software engineers at the chip suppliers.
You will be required to travel locally for technical meetings, for which your position will play a key role to improve communication and resolve known issues.
Full Time- 49.5 hours per week.
Monday- Saturday 9.00am- 6.00pm (Every other Saturday is a non-working day)
The starting salary is 10,000.00 -14,000.00 RMB / month (12months) ; and is subject to
yearly adjustment based on your performance. You will be entitled to 15 days paid holiday in
each holiday year together with the usual public holidays in China.